The most important facts at a glance
- The legal form of the Association for Commemorative Culture is that of a registered association. The parameters are thus determined by German Association law.
- Membership in the Association for the Culture of Remembrance must be applied for in writing. By completing the application for membership, the new member also agrees to the collection of the Association fees by SEPA direct debit.
- The rights and duties of the members in the Association for the Culture of Remembrance are regulated in the articles of association. The articles of association can be viewed on the Internet at vdnv.de. The articles of association can only be changed by a majority decision of the general meeting.
- The Association decides on the admission of new members. If a member is accepted, the new member must be informed of this in writing. With this letter, the new member will also be informed of his membership number.
- The Association fee for medium-sized companies is debited annually. The members receive an invoice.
- Membership in the Association is initially valid for one year and is automatically renewed for a further year if it is not cancelled in writing (informally by email, letter or fax). The written notice of termination must be given three months before the annual renewal.
- In the event of gross breaches of the interests of the Association, the Board may, by unanimous decision, expel a member from the Association.
- A general meeting will be held annually. This general meeting elects the board for a period of five years. The board must receive a discharge each year after the presentation of the accounts.
- For further information, please contact the office of the Association for the Culture of Remembrance.